Thursday, April 29, 2010

Delicious Shrimp!

My mouth starts watering at the thought of the first of three South Carolina shrimp seasons (roe shrimp season) coming up in May or June. (The exact date depends on management biologists determining that an adequate supply of eggs have been spawned.) I like to stock up on these shrimp from our local favorite shrimper, Wayne Magwood. The recipe ideas are endless and I am so excited to try some of the recipes that appeared in Real Simple's April 2010 magazine.

This Garlicky Baked Shrimp is first on my list.

Followed by, this Creamy Shrimp and Poblanos. YUMMY! If you missed my Shrimp Shooter recipe, this is a good one too! Don't forget to support our local shrimpers and support sustainable seafood practices. ASK your grocery store, shrimp shack, seafood store, etc. if the shrimp you are buying is local and/or supports sustainable seafood practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails