Friday, July 16, 2010

Super Sweets!

I LOVE our local Charleston parent magazine for so many reasons and the July issue did not disappoint. One of the feature stories included birthday themes and "Sensational Sweets". Of course I was drawn to the sweets, so here are several of my favorites....

"Pink Princess Cupcakes" by Barbara Beery was given to me as a gift and I have found a ton of ideas that are easy to replicate in this book.

I have a crush on animal prints and these wild cupcakes from Beery's book are so sassy!!! Wouldn't these be perfect for a Safari, Stylish Sweet Sixteen, or Jungle theme party?!? I am even thinking how I could work this in to a ladies night......Hmmm Cupcakes and Cocktails anyone???

"What's New Cupcake?" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson has popped up everywhere and has been the inspiration for a lot of my party themes.

Cate has a play date at the aquarium coming up at the end of the summer. This is her outfit from Shrimp and Grits Kids. I love the smocked gold fish and guess what????

You guessed it.... there are cupcakes to match in this book!!!

I am not really a baker or that great at icing yet, but I love the pictures and ideas in the book "Confetti Cakes for Kids" by Elisa Strauss and Christie Matheson.

Hmmm - Are you inspired to run to Barnes and Noble or check out Amazon for these fantastic books?? I would love any other recommendations of your favorite sweets books.

Pluff Mudd Studio is now an affiliate of Amazon.com!
If you decide to purchase any of our recommended reads, please use the links in the post to support our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails